Thursday, July 23, 2015

Today Is A Good Day

I have to agree with Ice Cube, today is a good day: Thanked God. No barking dog... But we did differ a bit. I had some bacon.


So, what's good about it? I've felt very accomplished today. Partnering up with a friend doing some graphics for her business, meeting up with some old coworkers for lunch, then teaching a class of adults about LinkedIn and how beneficial it can be for you and your career search. The highlight of it all: I was told that I should be a motivational speaker and that I truly helped at least a few of them. More so, someone wants to hire me to show them how to use LinkedIn and other 'current tools' like Google Drive, Calendar, and the like.

I believe that we are not living life as we should. We are a whole lot of talk and so often we lack action. Often people say, 'what are MY needs? Me, ME. ME!' but miss out on the fact that if everyone focused on everyone else's needs, how much more could be accomplished! Beyond that, imagine the speed at which YOUR needs could get fulfilled if everyone else cared as much about you as you cared about others. Are 10 hands working toward 1 goal not better than 1 focusing on themselves?

That said, I throw down the gauntlet:

Do you want to see the homeless taken care of? Go to your local shelter and donate your time to help feed them, or be a listening ear (I'm sure the Nashua Soup Kitchen and Shelter would be happy to see you).

Do you want to see people get jobs? Go to your local library and offer your time to teach classes on how to find a job, use the internet, or promote job fairs.

Think the news is a bunch of garbage? Start getting your own facts and create a blog, podcast, or vlog.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. If there is only one thing that you take away tonight, it is that YOU really can make a difference if that is what you want. I heard it. I felt it. I saw it. Life has taught me some tough lessons the past few years, and a good one being that I needed to stop playing the victim. More often than not, life isn't that fricken bad. Quit the complaining and start serving up actionable solutions that YOU take the lead on, or get them to people who can. Stop the noise that does not make things clearer, nor solves any problem.

Believe me when I say to you that you want to take on this challenge. You might actually start feeling good about this world when you see all the good your heart can provide to those around you. Don't get discouraged. Stay the course. Be a great leader that people want to follow.

Let your smile, and attitude, change the world.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment