Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Angry Orchard Hop'n Mad Apple - Review

Since realizing that I should lay off the gluten, I have been trying to find options that are still tasty. I have had a handful of gluten-free beers, but let's be honest: No-to-the-bueno. So, that leads me to the hard cider side of life when looking for a beer-alternative.

This post is going to be all about Angry Orchard's offer, Hop'n Mad Apple.

Angry Orchard Hop'n Mad Apple Hard Cider


Seeing the word mad made me hopeful that I could Hulk out and smash something, but this calms the inner beast. A tart hit like a granny smith, a little sweet like white grape juice, and a bit of bitter due to the hops. I think the only thing that would add to this would be an oaking, adding some vanilla tones. Perhaps that could be a warming fall variety of the brew? I for sure believe that this should be a long-term offering, with or without the vanilla. This will have a permanent spot in my fridge as long as it is made.

Pros: Decent flavor. Smooth, yet sharp, tongue tantalizing refreshment

Cons: Only being ultra-critical can I state that I would like to get some vanilla undertones.


Is there something I should try? Have a favorite cider? Let me know!

Keep on smashin', smashers.

2 comments:

  1. I always look at the sugar content for hard ciders since they often pump up the sweetness to make it tasty. But I prefer the non-sugared varieties. What's the sugar content in this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottle states 13g of sugar.

    ReplyDelete