Friday, June 26, 2015

Portland Pie Company - Nashua - Review

I'm full. Like, topped off. A friend suggested we go to Portland Pie Co., and so it is where we went, kids and all. Normally they go to the Manchester location, but today we went to Nashua. It was a great time. The place was clean and quiet (before we showed up). Our waiter was a nice dude and was knowledgeable providing excellent feedback when requested. Life is good. That is all.

...

No, just kidding. I'm going to tell you what I got, cause that's how I roll.
Portland Pie Company - Pizzeria and Pub
App:
We started off with the Baked Potato Fries. While I expected something a touch different, more like potato wedges, they were really good. A decent amount of fries smothered in cheese, bacon, and chives. On the side, sour cream and ketchup. Kids and adults smiled.

Dinner:
The dude got Mac and Cheese (Kraft is my guess) and chips. Nothing monumental, but he enjoyed it and I am happy with that.
I got heaven on a heavenly crust (beer). It was 1/2 Harbormaster (BBQ chicken, bacon, caramelized onion) and 1/2 Matinicus (prosciutto, cream cheese, pepperoncini). The bacon was great, and no shortage, and the entire dynamic of the Matinicus was amazing.

Dessert:
No surprise, my son wanted dessert, so we all shared a brownie sundae. That for sure could feed 2 adults, who had nothing else. It was satisfying fo' sho'. It was about 5" or 6" square, big scoop of ice cream, and some whipped cream and hot fudge drizzle.

Drinks:
Their drink menu isn't online, but I had the hard iced tea (similar to Long Island), and the margarita. Both very tasty! Not overly sweet, and actually pleasantly tart. I'd be more than happy to partake of another few glasses of each.

Overall, I was happy I went and would go back again in a heartbeat. Gluten-free options, too (which I should have had, but wanted the Full Monty tonight - PPCo virgins must partake of the whole experience). If you haven't gone and like pizza, make it happen. They have other offerings beside pizza and they all sounded appetizing, so even if you do not do pizza, there seems to be something for all.

Sayonara!

2 comments:

  1. We always enjoyed Portland Pie. It was nice to have gluten free options for my wife at a classy sit-down place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I'm sure I'll be going back again. I normally would hit up 900Degrees for my pizza, but this is much closer and equally as tasty.

      Glad you found the blog, thanks for reading and providing a comment!

      Delete