Saturday, June 27, 2015

Blackberry Pear Izze Sparkling Water Beverage - Review

I've been a fan of fizzy drinks for, well, my whole life. I enjoy the bubbles dancing on my tongue.

Today's drink of choice is the Izze Sparkling Water Beverage, flavored with blackberry pear. I'll be doing the Mandarin Lime at a later date... perhaps tomorrow?

Izze Sparkling Water Beverage


Every selection I've had from the brand has been right up there with some of my favorite fizzy drinks (especially the clementine soda), so I was really looking forward to this. Right on the bottle it states that it is organic, and turning to the back the ingredients are only 4 simple things - fizzy water, flavor, sweetener, and acid. No artificial bunk makes Stanley a happy boy. 

I've had some sparkling water beverages with sweetener that were much sweeter than this, and much more 'rich'. This is pleasantly refreshing and light, and while it was balanced between the sweet and sour, I wouldn't mind a bit more flavor, and perhaps a touch-bit more sweetener. The blackberry is certainly the dominant flavor over the pear.

Would I get it again? Sure, it is decent. Being honest, though, I think that I like their soda-juice concoctions more. Continuing with the honesty, the sweetness level isn't really all that monumental and there are other sweetener-free sparkling water beverages that execute as well at a fraction of the cost.

Pros: Refreshing and light, not full of artificial ingredients. Low calorie drink with sugar.

Cons: Perhaps a bit too light, needs a bit more flavor/sweetener to set it apart from the standard sweetener-free bubbly water.

NOTE: I find it odd that their website does not have this showcased anywhere. Perhaps I, and Google, missed it? While I realize this is new, a good marketing plan includes updates to your website as the product gets released if not just previous to its release - chop chop, Izze!

See ya, suckas.

2 comments:

  1. Just had my first bottle. It tastes great when it hits your tongue, but it has a noticeable after taste. Not necessarily a bad taste, just odd. Would still drink again but I prefer the raspberry watermelon flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the aftertaste.

    I have not really had any since this post, and have not at all seen the raspberry watermelon flavor, but would be willing to try it if given the opportunity.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete